Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Mullen's Irish Cream!


[Click on photo above for a printable version]

Here you are, just in time for New Year's Eve!! Inspired by a telephone conversation with Betty Cahalin (first cousin once removed from England), I decided to try my hand at making my own version of Bailey's Irish Cream. I started out with Betty's recipe but – as you may have guessed if you know Betty – it was a tad strong. Plus, Betty's recipe included coffee, a flavor which isn't a favorite of Marilynn's. I continued tinkering around with the recipe over the Christmas holidays, unscrupulously using my kids as guinea pigs. I'm pretty happy with the above combination. To further entice people to show up, I plan on making up a big batch of it for the Mullen Christmas Party on January 9th. Don't miss it!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to tasting this at Mullen Christmas!
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds great! maybe we all need to bring a batch??? Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete