Saturday, January 1, 2011

Declan Ryker Sankowich!



I'm a Grandpop! I'm a Grandpop! I'm a Grandpop!

Sorry ... what I meant to say is "Congratulations Sara and Pete!!!" Declan Ryker Sankowich was born at 3:40am on New Year's Day. He weighed in at 7 pounds 6 ounces (I think my guess last weekend was 7 pounds 5 ounces, so I didn't quite win the game). That's all the information I have at this time -- Marilynn and I are packing up and heading north to Providence, RI, in a couple of hours. Sara has to be totally exhausted though. She started experiencing notable labor pain at about 5:30pm on Thursday, December 30th! Yep. that means her labor lasted over 34 hours!!

It was certainly a New Year's Eve that I'll never forget. At one point early in the evening, Sara called to give us the latest status and we timed a contraction over the phone! So, Happy New Year's everyone! If you're showing up at Mullen Christmas next weekend, I'll try not to wear you out with a thousand photos of Declan, but there will be a few. And more than a few toasts!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sara and Pete! Welcome to the family Declan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sara, Pete, and welcome little Declan! Congratulations also to the PROUD grandparents. There is nothing that compares to the joy of a new baby. We are all blessed by your arrival, Declan. Love, Aunt Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great News! Welcome to the Grand Parents Club :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you all.. what a handsome little guy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am amazed!!! Little Sara a Mom... Congratulations Sara & Pete. Great photo of baby Declan. What a wonderful addition to the Mullen & Sankowich clans. Paul & Marilynn are indeed proud grandparents -- and with just cause.

    My love to all, Annie/Aunt Annie/Great Aunt Annie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Sara & Pete on the birth of baby Declan. Hopefully we will get to meet him some day soon x

    ReplyDelete