Sunday, August 9, 2009

Trip To England!


Marilynn and I are heading to England on August 13th. We'll be doing a lot of sight-seeing (to be sure), but we'll also be visiting a bunch of England-based relatives -- many of whom we met at last year's reunion in Ballina. I'll be taking photos and posting to this blog by sending emails from my iPhone. I tested out the process and it seemed to work fine. We'll see how it goes ...

Here's a list of the relatives that Marilynn and I are planning to visit:
  • Madge Messenger
  • Kathleen Duffy
  • Betty Cahalin
  • Imelda Messenger
  • Sheila (Messenger) Dore and her husband, Martin
  • Patrick Mills
  • Brian Fowler
  • Susan (Fowler) Harrison and her husband, John
  • Dympna (Messenger) LeRasle and her husband, Peter
  • Maire (Messenger) Davies and her husband, John
  • Hannah Davies
  • Avril (Gilmartin) and her husband, Tony
  • Jackie (Foy) Myers and her husband, Richard
Our sight-seeing goals for the week include a visit to Stonehenge, viewing the Magna Carta at Salisbury Cathedral, a water taxi tour of the Thames, attending a performance of Shakespeare's "Troilus & Cressida" at The Globe, and checking out the Roman Baths in (where else?) Bath. It should be a fun albeit exhausting trip. I think Brian Fowler's comment to me in an email last week says it all: "Having seen your schedule I think you'll need a holiday when you get back!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment